Friday, July 9, 2010

I challenge you! #5

Hi Holly!

This week I went to the AGO drama and desire exhibit, and was so blown away by the old classics. Such big talent. It made me a little ashamed that I've been neglecting life- drawing and painting over the past few monthes. I reflected that sometimes I resort to stylization not for the benefit of the concept but rather because its a quicker solution, and one that is harder to criticize.

These thoughts inspired my challenge for you this week! I don't know if you feel the same way about your work, but I'm sure this one will be good practice regardless! (keep in mind this one is more of an exercise, don't worry if you're out of shape and the piece reflects it, just focus on the learning component!)

This weeks challenge:

concept: old meets new

requirements: atleast one hand-done element of super realism, preferably inspired from a traditional painting style or movement. please specify which movement/ artist inspired you! atleast one element of a contemporary technique

medium: the super realistic element must be done in a traditional medium... oil would be great, but i know you only have a week. other options might include conte, charcoal, oil pastel... ect the contemporary element can be anything, but preferably a medium that contrasts the realistic one!

any size!

have fun and i can't wait to see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment