Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Holly reveals challenge # 11- Secret Wish

I know this is early, but I've been excited to complete this challenge, I can finally paint!! The past three weeks have been hard, and realizing I didn't have the ability to illustrate made my situation worse. I felt very blue and pathetic and I may have started a few arguments that weren't necessary. I never realized that drawing and painting had control of my positive mental health. I know my temporary disability wasn't even close to those who loose their limbs and never get back full mobilization, I truly feel for them!

As for my challenge- The secret wish. I had three weeks to contemplate how I was going to solve this. Without giving away my secret wish, it's something I've obsessed about for the past year!! I can't get it out of my head as my mind doesn't focus anywhere else. Hint- It has nothing to do with fish! Any guesses?? I did my usual watered down acrylics, watercolour pencils and purchased an expensive illustration board. I worked big- approximately 16x20 because my fingers cant work small at the moment.

Thank you Jen... this was a beautiful challenge to celebrate the mobility of my hand!! Loved the concept and am happy with the final reveal :)

-Holly

1 comment:

  1. glad you're back in action!

    this is a really cool image/ idea!
    is it to let go of your material possessions? if so go holly! if not... lol well i guess you cant tell me what it is. but if i'm right then its a 4 goosebumps! if not... a 2!! hehe im so mean.

    love how you rendered the fish btw.

    ReplyDelete